BMS Cross Country
- Congrats to the Girls and Boys XC teams. Both placed first in the Cawley Middle School meet on 9/19;18. Cawley Middle School
- White Park Results: Congratulations go to Maya Brochu, the girls first place finisher overall, and to our 8th place overall finisher, Colby Smith, for pacing the Bow girls and boys during Rundlett Middle School's XC meet on 9/11/18.
- BMS XC Schedule 2018
- Online Store
- BMS XC Information Survey
August 29, 2018
To: Parents and Guardians of students interested in running BMS XC
We are very excited about our upcoming season! The goals for the cross country team at Bow Memorial School are as follows:
- A “no-cut” high capacity athletic activity in which students, grades 5 through 8, can participate (but to varying degrees based on the availability of bussing),
- A way to learn more about lifetime health and wellness,
- An opportunity to compete in cross country meets,
- And a whole bunch of fun for all students involved.
We will typically practice from 3:20 pm until 4:40 pm Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons. Because cross country is an athletic endeavor, we subscribe to the same requirements as any other sport at BMS. Therefore, prior to your child’s participation in practice, we are requiring the following:
- The Blue Athletic Participation Form must be complete and in the possession of the coaches (this can be picked up in the main office or accessed online if you do not already have one). Students can turn them in at the main office and the forms will be given to the coaches.
- Your child needs to have a current physical (within the last two years) on file with the school nurse (Donna Ireland 225-3212 ext. 406).
We wish for any student who would like to participate to join us, so if your child needs to get a physical and that takes a few days to get scheduled, that isn’t a problem. We will begin on Wednesday, September 5, 2018, for those who have met the above requirements. Students needing to get a physical completed by a doctor can join us at any point after having submitted all of the required forms.
We really look forward to working with your children and helping them to develop a lifelong love of running and fitness. Parents wishing to volunteer to assist the team, including running with us (our team tends to be very large, so we love having volunteer “coaches”), we ask that you please contact any of the coaches. For general questions, please call the main office (225-3212) at BMS.
As we mentioned earlier, bussing has become a profound issue statewide, as there are not enough bus drivers to fully staff basic school routes or athletic and other trips. What this means for X-C is that we may not be able to secure bussing for all runners for away meets, although we try very hard to make that happen. All students can participate in home meets, but we will use the following logic for determining who can go to away meets if we are unable to transport everyone in this order:
- Top seven boys and girls regardless of grade (they are the scoring runners)
- 8th grade runners
- 7th grade runners
- 6th grade runners
- 5th grade runners
Coaches Muriel Hall and Adam Osburn
- Students should wear appropriate athletic attire for running and the weather.
- Students should have a comfortable pair of running shoes.
- Students should bring water bottles to practice.
- In the event of a cancelled practice, students are expected to take their normal means of transport home after school.
- 2018 XC Schedule
- Online Store (Use this link to order Bow XC tee shirts and/or sweatshirts. NOTE: These purchases are not required.